“As we think, so we become. As the company, so the thought, so the personality. The thoughts we create, the company we keep, the discussion we have all impact our feelings. To be happy and positive we need to be mindful of our thoughts, words and actions. Even a thought can have a good karmic account or not so good. ” © 2016 ThoughtnLifeBlog
So I thought I would focus today weekly quote post to Confucius. Confucius literally means “Master Kong”. Confucius was a Chinese thinker and social philosopher. 28 Sept 551 BC to 479 BC. His philosophy emphasized, personal and governmental correctness and morality. His words are still applicable today…
- Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.
- A Superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
- The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.
- To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.
- I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
- Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be fear of losing it.
- Think no vice to small that you may commit it, and no virtue to so small that you may over look it.
- Sincerity and truth are the basis of every virtue
- When anger rises, think of the consequences.
- Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change
- Don’t complain about the snow on your neigbours roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
- When we see men of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.
- Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
- He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.
I do love the depth of these quotes, this should keep us quote addicts going for a good two to three weeks. A lot to think about and a lot for me to bring into my life.
I hope you enjoyed. Which ones speak to you? Any you are keen to put into practice?
Thanks for stopping by. Please like, comment, share or subscribe to my blog.
Other blog post that contain quotes you might like.
- Change your life with Quotes #4
- Let’s be Inspired by Thoughts
- Inspired & Motivated by Quotes #3
- Inspired by Quotes # 2
- Positive, Motivation, Balance Quotes #1
© 2016 Thoughtsnlifeblog.