How do we measure success? Well, success to you will be different to me! I can not compare myself to another, firstly because we are all unique, and success is different for all. No one is better than the another. We are all unique and we are all successful in our own right.
The thing is, do we want to be successful? Do we want to be successful, but can’t be bothered to put the effort in ? Well, then – what can one say – as you sow , so shall you reap. If you are not making any effort then you can’t expect success in anything.
We are all talented and skilled. I believe the winning formulae for me at least is. The points below are in no particular order (I kinda got carried away):
- Have a dream, Have a vision, Have it clear, Crystal clear in your mind
- Do the research, the study, the hard work, the home work, the baby steps towards the dream
- Use the Law of Attraction, Affirm your vision every day or every week.
- Pick yourself up when you fall down and keep on trying
- Make a plan, goals, aims , and attack it with baby steps.
- Your vision is a plan, a project, to be divided and conquered. No project can be done in one go, you have to divide it up. You have go step by step. So understand the step you need to take. Now, here it is important to know your strengths and weakness. Where you have to gain more experience, where you need to kick yourself up the back side and get into action… Be your best friend – or be your own enemy in your path to success
- Coach yourself. Be your own coach, and give yourself a pep talk.
- Have a clear vision and make it happen. Remind yourself always of this vision. Just keep going.
- Hard work is the key. Tenacity, Follow through, and more hard work.
- Get motivated and go for it.
- Be your mentor, coach and guide
- Quietly plod through until you achieve your goal.
- Once you achieved your goal – don’t get stuck. Way, before you achieve success on project A, you need to start on project B – so success is always coming . Also, to rest on your hard work will become rather boring. Unless, you have a major life changing event which may temporarily derail you, you need to keep on keeping on.
- Work hard, Tenacity, Follow Through, Self Belief, Be blind to all comments that put you down – analyses their validity and take action if you need to. Live your dream -regardless of others -then you will achieve your dream.
Sure there are genius around us and that is fine. But, to be successful you don’t have to be genius. Your version of success is yours and not mine. We are all unique. To some being an entrepreneur is success, to others becoming a manager at work is important, to other work life balance is success. Whatever it is, it is your success and you can make it happen.
Finally, be prepared to re-event yourself , be prepared to have several careers in your life time. Be prepared for the unexpected. I was 16 and I had a clear vision of my future, and I did it, I achieved success. But, the 16 year old didn’t plan for a second career or a change in life circumstance. So, at a cross roads I find myself, trying to make my vision clear and going for it the best I can. I am at points 1 & 2. But, I know the above works – cause unknowingly the little 16 year old did this, and she work hard and she did in her first career -which she is still passionate about (and I still want to continue it along side project B). But, life can shake you up – so have a plan past Project A / Dream A. Learn to be flexible and content – and let your character match your age. Also, learn to completely let go of all dreams and create a brand new dream that fits your life circumstance. There is power in re-inventing yourself – don’t be scared – you can do it.
- The Power of Follow Through, Tenacity and approachability
- Daily Intention – Self Discipline
- The Power of Journaling
- Life Lessons – Teaching you…
- Time Management #1
- The Frog Principle -by Andrew Matthews
- Change – Anticipate, Adapt, Enjoy
- If you lose:- Health, Wealth or Character?
- Light and Easy; Bright and Breezy.
- The Mood Roller Coaster
Thanks for stopping by. Please Like, comment, subscribe, or share this post.
© 2016 ThoughtsnLifeBlog 11.7.2016 21.05pm GMT
This blog may contain affiliated links.