Happiness – Quotes #10
With our minds, with our thoughts we create so many things. We (someone ) create a computer, created the world wide web, houses, cars, money, tasty dishes etc. But we also created guns, bombs, war, hate. The mind is powerful, our thoughts are powerful. We can change the world to be a peaceful and happy place or we can destroy our own life and the world.
Every week I try to select quotes – as I am a bit of quote addict, but quotes are extremely power, a few lines can change our entire world view. Last week I wrote on peace, the other weeks did not follow a theme. If you like quotes I have been consistently quoting quotes for the last 10 weeks – so do check the other quotes out.
This week I thought I would quote on Happiness. Let us all take the responsibility of creating a happy world starting with ourselves and sharing it to the world. If we keep the percentage of those who think good in the world we have strength to ensure the world will not fall apart (If you check out the news – you know there is not a country in the world that is not at at the verge of falling part. Meaning, we the individuals that make up society are falling apart or we are keeping it together, it is not solely the governments responsibility to create peace and uphold laws – it is us the individual , the members of society to be one with morals and integrity.
Quotes on Happiness
- The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another’s keeping. – Dale Carnegie
- Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. – Jim Rohn
- Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. – Dalai Lama.
- For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Others may know pleasure, but pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man. – Muhammed Ali
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. – Gandhi
- The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts. – Marcus Aurelius
- It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come. – Dalai Lama
- Earning happiness means doing good and working, not speculating and being lazy. Laziness may look inviting, but only works gives you true satisfaction. – Anne Frank
- Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of the mind than on outward circumstances. – Benjamin Franklin.
- Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
- Happiness is mental harmony; unhappiness is mental inharmony. – James Allen
- Happiness is a virtue, not its reward. – Baruch Spinoza
- Happiness for a reason is just another form of misery because the reason can be taken away from us anytime. – Deepak Chopra
- I will not be afraid because I understand…. And understanding is happiness. – Arthur C Clarke
- Anything you’re good at contributes to happiness. -Bertrand Russell.
Which quote did you like and why – or do you have a quote on happiness that you would like to share in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by. Please like, share, comment or subscribe.
© 2016 ThoughtnLifeblog