Overwhelmed, Stressed, Fed Up
We all get days, weeks and even months when it is all too much. We feel weighted down, tired and fed up. However, we have to move forward. We need to develop strategies that help us move forward. Remember, a problem never stays forever, it is just a passing cloud. So, how can I make myself light when it all feels like too much?
How do I make myself light?
Personally, I am not light and easy 100% of the time. But, over the years I have developed habits, routines, methods to get me out of the rut.
I believe life is one big habit, I believe routines are important, I believe daily meditation is important, slowing down and contemplating life is invaluable. I practice journaling/morning pages, and I tell you that I fix myself so quickly just by old school pen and paper.
I was reading a book, and in the book the author says we have forgotten how to talk to ourselves. She referred to pen and paper as our way of talking to ourself.
When we make goals, or we are in a rut, if we take pen to paper to let the thoughts out, we learn what makes us happy, what makes us sad, what we do to self-sabotage our happiness, we talk to ourselves, and we get to know ourselves.
Because we don’t talk to ourselves this way – it all become too much. I know that when I don’t write and just keep on being busy I get totally messed up.
So below are a few step I take to personally get myself out of the rut, the unhappiness and get myself back on track. I hope you find these useful.
- Take a piece of paper and write down a bunch of affirmation to calm me down, and strengthen my confidence
- Take a piece of paper and write down a bunch of things to be grateful for.
- Take a walk
- Take a piece of paper and write down all the burdens and cut it up and throw it away and move on.
- List out all that I have achieved. This helps me to recognise I can do this.
- Write out 100 times I can do this.
- When I just want to moan, I take a piece of paper and go AHHHHHHHH! Chuck it away afterwards. I feel so much better.
- Eat Well
- Go to sleep on time
- Spend time with ones you love.
- Change your perspective on the problem. See it as an opportunity, something that is getting you out of your comfort zone. See the good in it.
- Try to reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed by taking small steps.
- Let it go, whatever you are stressed about will pass, all clouds pass they don’t stay with us for ever.
- Trust yourself and your capacity
- Walk in God’s hands.
- Don’t make the stressful situation your entire life. Deal with it but don’t let it paralyze you. Very important to have variety in your life to keep you engaged and motivated.
- Have routines in your life, it will reduce your overall stress
- Be organised
- Manage your time.
- If you need to discuss it with someone, then select the person who will get you into gear and not the person who will allow you to get deeper in the quicksand of your stress.
- Play your favourite board game, or cards with your family – nothing that involves a computer or TV. Return to old school games – you will feel so much better and alive.
A quick fix for a bad moment in the day
You are in the middle of a mental turmoil at work or where ever and you need to vent. This is my tried and tested method, should you wish to try ? Take a scrappy piece of paper and write: –
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHH, I am okay, I let it go, It will pass, I am learning , I am improving, It is okay, I am thick skinned, It is not personal, I am great, I am Calm, I am super fine, and any other affirmation you want to add. I am grateful for the learning opportunities and I am becoming a better person. Repeat this 3 times including the Ahhhh. Rip that piece of paper up and recycle it. See how you feel after that! I am serious, I have done it in my work places and still do. I even do it at home and with my voluntary work. Try this as crazzy as it sounds, you will feel better and you will laugh at yourself because it is so crazy.
Thanks for stopping by. Please Like, Comment, Share, or subscribe/follow this blog. So what do you do to get yourself out of a rut.
- Overwhelmed at Work
- Time Management #1
- Break the Vicious Cycle with Meditation
- The Power of Routines
- Peace – Is who I am
- Who is Your Button Pusher ?
- Traffic Control your Thoughts!
- The Mood Roller Coaster
About – Meditations – Songs
copyright © 2016 http://www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com All Right Reserved http://www.thoughtsNlifeblog.com
Contact email. email@example.com
Disclaimer & Disclosure Policy
Image acknowledgments: WWW.FREEIMAGES.COM
53 thoughts on “Overwhelmed, Stressed, Fed Up”
Like! Like! Like! 😉
That’s the way!
Courage ! ( and cold blood! )
LikeLiked by 1 person
Miriam, thank for reading ..it is a bit random because my methods to get myself out of a rut are random..but they work.. well they work for me…so they might work for others…all the best with whatever you are going to try or are your trying the whole randomness lol.
That’s a really interesting strategy and one I’m going to try. Thanks for a great post.
LikeLiked by 1 person