7th March 2016 the journey began on wordpress.com. Actually, the journey began on 15th July 2015 on a similarly named site on a platform that was not fit for blogging.
The word press journey, In March I posted only 5 posts, then in April another 5 more, I was warming up slowly. Well, quitting has always been a dear friend of mine, that only left me about 3 months back. Then, in May 2016 I started to explore word press more and joined the daily challenge. I wrote my first post on the topic of my blog title “thoughts and life” as a way to introduce my blog, I went out to twitter and then slowly my little blog got found out. I did one the word press courses I forget the name to help me on my journey.
As time went by, I played and played with my posting schedule, twitter, Instagram, facebook and Pinterest. Making mistakes galore! To this day, I forget to #hashtag – oh it is such a bother. And my friend Mr quitter kept pestering quit, quit. I experiment with schedules so much, because I had read and heard so much about it on youtube and Pinterest. Was it a good experiment to do? Hey I still don’t know. But, now I blog weekly from 2 to may 7 times, a bit random, except for saturdays which is firmly quote day.
As time went by, I made friends, got beautiful comments, and got to read some great blogger -blogs. I felt like part of a community and it was amazing …”
People like what I write…” eek, exciting, wow, can’t believe it… This was really quite surprising and I still love it. I always get nervous with a post I share. So, this feed back is encouraging as I am not a natural writer.
I started blogging for a good few reason, mainly to share “thoughts and life”, as I truly believe we make ourselves happy or sad, by our thoughts and choices in life. I believe through meditation, journaling, affirmations, gratitude, a positive mindset all can be well. Even tough times – okay tough times are hard, but we won’t be derailed as long as we might have been.
So, what have I learnt in year of blogging
- Blogging is HARD HARD HARD work. I think it is harder than any normal job. I have had hard jobs in the past, where I was in at work at by 6am and home by 11.30pm. Blogging is harder than that job!
- But, blogging has given me something so valuable in all the connections I have made, and it has forced me to learn new technical skills. I have a different sense of confidence in me that I have never had.
- Enjoy the Blogging community and contribute.
- Share what inspires you and it might inspire others.
- #hagtags work on Instagram – even if you add them in a month later. Yeap – believe me I have tried it! LOL
- Tweetdeck is a great tool for twitter again hashtag useful.
- Blogging legally – well I think we need to be mindful of things – but I haven’t figured it all out.
- Does trending matter – I don’t know and I say set your own trend.
- SEO – I still don’t get it, but I think it helps. Don’t ask me how -lol?
- Play with image making tools, and don’t forget to copyright your work
Am I a wiser blogger a year on ? Well, I must be in someway, but, I sure don’t feel like it. Blogging is fun, but it is a lot of effort, but enjoyable.
Finally, I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to you all, my wonderful friends and blogging family. You really make blogging wonderful with your great comments and feedback. I love reading your blogs and I love you all for being so great.
You are the beauty of blogging – Really you are. From the bottom of my heart I thank you all my beautiful blogging friends.
Thank you to allmy followers across all social media outlets, you inspire me.
BIG BIG THANK YOU.
lots of love Bella aka thoughtsnlifeblog.com
© 2017 thoughtsnlifeblog
Images http://www.freeimages.com, or my own creation,or via instagram or textgram apps, or canva.com