The thoughts and feeling we generate impact our life greatly. If we are able to change our thoughts, redirect them and catch our negative cycles of thinking, we can then change our life and our impact on the world. A thought is the seed of an action/deed, if we can stop the wrong seeds from being sown, we can live happily and have the courage to always do the right thing. If we learn to realign and change our thoughts when we have been hurt to something more positive, we grow stronger, more capable and we become stable with a quiet confidence that we can handle anything. As we gain small successes in managing our thoughts and feelings, we are actually increasing our ability to not get hurt/disturbed/distracted in the first place, therefore we don’t need recovery time from a difficult situation.
These changes allow me to live in a more peaceful and content way. In harmony with myself, others and the world around me. Nothing will phase me as I have gained the habit of changing how I react and I now choose to respond. I might respond with a comment or better still I may remain silent and my mind will be totally stable. I will have a quiet confidence that I can handle it all, no matter what. Obviously, this is not an over night process, but small daily steps will lead to big personal wins – eventually. Success is only possible if I try to better myself and I am prepared to see my own faults. I can only change myself I can not change another.
The Tools that have helped me change successfully over the years are as follows. But, before listing them please know I am not perfect at all, I am a work in progress who has come a long way.
- Transform a negative feeling or thought into a positive one. I find taking a pen and paper and writing out the negative and trying change it into a positive really changes your mindset.
- Regularly writting affirmation and repeating them about seven times.
- Gratitude for all you have.
- If you suffer from low self esteem, list out all your achievements.
- Journalling all the pain and cuttung up the pages and letting go and moving, really helps release the negativity. Once you journal, change the negative into postive. Take a learning point a repeat it by reading or writing out and put into practise straight away.
- Meditation everyday.
- Positive reading everyday.
- Setying positive intentions everyday.
- Finally stop taking it personally. And remember you can only change yourself and not another.
- And love yourself in humble and confident way. You are good.
Hope you found this useful. Be kind to yourself and take time out to heal.
Thank you for reading this post. Your comments and thoughts are welcome . Like,share, or subscribe.
May you be blessed with happiness always.
- Nourishing Your Mind
- Let me be a Beautiful Soul
- A Prayer- By Unknown Author
- Overwhelmed at Work – Simple tips to Manage
- Create a New Perspective
- It’s Just an Insult!
- Responsibility of Understanding
© 2017 ThoughtsnLifeBlog
Images source. Www.freeimages.com, or my creation.