Call me old school but I believe in manners. I will always get up and offer my seat to someone older than me, I will always sit in a polite manner on public transport , I will never ask someone their age or salary.
Old school I am.
My Personal Blogging Etiquette
I don’t classify myself a blogging expert, but I do believe there is an unsaid blogging etiquette I follow or at least to try to. These may be unique to myself.
- If someone comments on a post, I read and comment back.
- If someone comments on a blog post, I pop over to their blog and check it out, read a few posts and comment if possible or at least like or I might even follow them.
- If some comments and follows me, again I pop over to their blog and read and see if their content is something I would like to read on regular basis. If it is, I follow back.
- I try discover other bloggers, new to me and read their work or even follow them, to be part of the community.
- I read the blog post of those that I follow and either like or comment.
- Where possible, I try leave comments that shows that I have read the blog and that this what I have taken from it.
- I like to share what I learn about blogging for the rest of the community.
- I never ask for a follow back to my blog.
- I never leave a link in a comment I make, unless the blogger says it okay. Generally, most bloggers follow the basic etiquette of visiting your blog when you comment.
- I don’t expect people to follow me because I followed them.
- I don’t expect people to comment on my post because I did on theirs
- I don’t expect people to like my content.
- I understand all bloggers are busy and don’t have time.
- I don’t follow back, because someone followed me. I only follow back if I feel I will enjoy their writing and it will be useful for me to read. When, I started blogging, I didn’t get this, I ended up following back all sort of bloggers, that actually I have no interest in. It was a naïve mistake, which I don’t do anymore.
- I credit all the images, videos and bloggers who’s content I might use.
- Where I link to another bloggers post, I try to ask them first if I don’t know them well. But, I don’t always, especially if they are blogging friend, because I know they won’t mind and will be grateful for the link back to their blog.
- I am always nice, geniue and community focused to other bloggers on wordpress.
These are just a few of my blogging etiquettes I use when I blog. What do you use ?
© 2018 http://www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com.