Dear Friends, this is a repost of an old blog post. I am republishing it as I have a lot of new followers who are very new to blogging. To you I say, this post are my personal views. I urge you to research more about blogging and the rules and there are some bloggers who only write about blogging so check them out. Finally, you gotta mingle in blogging that means commenting sincerely, not just a follow or a like. Wishing you all the best with your blogging journey.
Call me old school but I believe in manners. I will always get up and offer my seat to someone older than me, I will always sit in a polite manner on public transport , I will never ask someone their age or salary.
Old school I am.
My Personal Blogging Etiquette
I don’t classify myself a blogging expert, but I do believe there is an unsaid blogging etiquette I follow or at least to try to. These may be unique to myself.
- If someone comments on a post, I read and comment back.
- If someone comments on a blog post, I pop over to their blog and check it out, read a few posts and comment if possible or at least like or I might even follow them.
- If some comments and follows me, again I pop over to their blog and read and see if their content is something I would like to read on regular basis. If it is, I follow back.
- I try discover other bloggers, new to me and read their work or even follow them, to be part of the community.
- I read the blog post of those that I follow and either like or comment.
- Where possible, I try leave comments that shows that I have read the blog and that this what I have taken from it.
- I like to share what I learn about blogging for the rest of the community.
- I never ask for a follow back to my blog.
- I never leave a link in a comment I make, unless the blogger says it okay. Generally, most bloggers follow the basic etiquette of visiting your blog when you comment.
- I don’t expect people to follow me because I followed them.
- I don’t expect people to comment on my post because I did on theirs
- I don’t expect people to like my content.
- I understand all bloggers are busy and don’t have time.
- I don’t follow back, because someone followed me. I only follow back if I feel I will enjoy their writing and it will be useful for me to read. When, I started blogging, I didn’t get this, I ended up following back all sort of bloggers, that actually I have no interest in. It was a naïve mistake, which I don’t do anymore.
- I credit all the images, videos and bloggers who’s content I might use.
- Where I link to another bloggers post, I try to ask them first if I don’t know them well. But, I don’t always, especially if they are blogging friend, because I know they won’t mind and will be grateful for the link back to their blog.
- I am always nice, geniue and community focused to other bloggers on wordpress.
These are just a few of my blogging etiquettes I use when I blog. What do you use ?
© 2018 http://www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com.