Our Routines will Save us when times are hard.
They say a tidy desk is conducive to a productive day. That can be said for a tidy house. If your living space is a mess, paper, clothes, and stuff everywhere, you will feel dis-organised and in a mess, irritated or even frustrated all the time. Make a point of keeping your home organised and tidy, and you will find peace. Make sure your bedrooms are tidy – that will improve your sleep.
How we physically live and how clean and tidy we are has a subconscious impact on our moods. Get home from work, don’t throw your clothes on the floor; put them away in your wardrobe or laundry basket. Put your shoes away. Hang your coat up.
Also, develop routines in your life, simple little routines and watch peace and harmony come into your life. The smallest of changes to your daily habits will really encourage harmony and peace in your life.
Prepare the night before for the next day
– this will really make your life so easy.
- Create a To-Do List for tomorrow
- Know what your day is like – look at your diary
- Prepare your breakfast for tomorrow
- Prepare your lunch for tomorrow
- If possible, prepare half of the dinner
- Prepare your clothes for tomorrow
- Get your work bag ready for tomorrow.
- Leave your work bag, lunch, coat, and everything you need tomorrow near the door
- Clean up the Kitchen before going to bed – Make it tidy, don’t have dishes in the sink. Have the work surfaces clean -ish, so you don’t wake up to a mess in the Kitchen
- Tidy up your living room and dining room. A quick tidy up, straighten up the night before, so you don’t wake up to crazy in the morning or come back from work too crazy.
- Get up ten minutes earlier
- Don’t start your day with Social Media or TV. That will make you late for work, school, breakfast, having a bath etc.
- Do – some basic stretching to wake up your body.
- Meditate, or at least write 5 things to be grateful for, 5 affirmations, and recite I am going to have a peace, productive day.
- Make your bed, and Fold your PJs away.
- Have enough time to bathe, and eat breakfast.
- Have enough time to do a quick tidy up of the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom so when you get in from work, the house is calm.
- Chores of course – Unless you get your laundry done on Friday night or Thursday Night.
- Grocery shop
- Prepare a few lunches and dinners just to give you space if you have a crazy week a head.
I have been doing these most of my life, and I have few more routines. But, when you just take 10 -20, some time or 5 to 10 minutes is all you need. Obviously, sometimes I fall out of routine when I fall sick or something, and you then realise the value of a routine.
- A night routine will allow you to be so carefree in the morning.
- When you return at night you will be so happy – there is food ready or almost ready
- The weekend routine will make you super happy for you know for at least 3 days next week lunch and dinner are sorted – in the freezer ready.
Routines may sound dull – but if you want a peaceful, harmonious life then routines are a must. Discipline leads to freedom.
Every aspect of our life impacts our thoughts and our happiness. You will not realise how impactful routines are until you implement them in your life. Trust me – you will be sooooo happpy and so thankful at your wisdom for implementing and sticking to routines.
Thanks for stopping by. Please like, comment, share, or subscribe. So, what routines do you have in place?
©2016 -2023 ThoughtsnLifeblog