At the end of June, I announced that I am writing my first ever draft of a book idea, for the first time in my life. See blog post below.
These are my learnings..
- It seems when ever I make a big plan to do something, I fall unwell, nothing serious. Anyway, the short of it is, the plan is not going to plan.
- I was referring to my first draft negatively, I removed that.
- I realised in the brainstorming and researching, I can’t call this a first draft. It more of a rough draft, research.
- I have a couple of books to read, as they say read your competitors work. I am not a natural reader, so this is taking ages.
- I want to write non fiction. Reading a great book on how to write non fiction. It is really helpful. Again slow reader and still unwell.
- Can I achieve a rough outline for a draft by end of July, or even a first draft. I really want too…but..
- I have a few off days not related to health, just.
- I am quite naive about the process of writing a book, and time involved.
- I am going to self publish, there no way I can do traditional.
- I seem to have two different book ideas going on.🙃🤪
Below a photo of my progress. I am happy with my brainstorming and researching. But, it is not fast enough. I reached page 54 of my notebook. Which for me is progress and motivation.
Below my notes books and research. Even have a note book for book 2 idea.
Writing, planning or researchingwhatever this step of the writing process is, it makes me feel great when just get stuck in.
But, I doubt myself a lot
I know I must try, give it my best shot. Otherwise I short change my dream.
Anyway that us my update.
All tips welcomed by my blogger friends as most of you are published. I am quite clueless.
thank you in advance
I use images from many sources: http://www.freeimages.com, instagram, google, created myself, canva.com, pixel, pixabay
© 2020 http://www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com all rights reserved