Barriers to Your Personal Effectiveness
You can listen to blog post here
Our personal effectiveness can be impaired by the way we think. There are many times in our life when negative thinking stops us from progressing.
If we are able to change our thinking patterns from negative to positive, we allow ourselves to be happier. When are happier, we automatically are more effective? This then snowballs and creates opportunities and success in our life.
Below are 10 thoughts and ideas that, if you read these daily or refer to them when you feel anxious or stressed, these will help you break the negative feelings that you have.
Additionally, if you write these out like lines for 21 days, they help to rewire your brain and your automatic thoughts, breaking the chain of negative emotions. They will help you get out of your own way.
What does it Mean To Be In Our Own Way?
Being stressed, anxious, frustrated, angry, feeling of helplessness, feeling there is no way out, or just feeling sad and down most of the time are feelings/emotions are negative emotions that are not helpful. These are the signs that we are “in our own way”.
Do these work 10 tips work?
Yes, they work. How do I know? I have done these myself. How long does it take – well it will take as long as it takes. But, they do work. However, you must use these daily or regularly and for a while!
I am happy to answer any questions you have, do leave a comment below.
10 Thoughts and Tips
- Approval is nice to have! But I am not dependent on it.
- Perfection is not required. Only my best effort is required, along with the ability to be flexible to any change in direction.
- Learn to see the benefit in every situation, even if it seems horrible. A challenge is an opportunity for growth. Don’t get stuck in a negative situation. Learn to deal with it and move on. Being stuck only damages you. It prevents you from moving forward.
- Learn to accept people as they are and learn to work with them as they are. Adapt yourself to the other’s way of working. This will create a peaceful interaction. You may disagree with them, but we must find a middle ground to move forward.
- If you blame someone, remember that when you point the finger, three fingers are pointing back at you. Blame creates difficulties in your effectiveness and relationships.
- Don’t expect everyone to be like you. Everyone is unique.
- Only you can change yourself. You can’t change another, and nor do you have the right. When you change your thinking, you change your world. Learn not to take things personally. Get thicker skin.
- Fill your mind with happy thoughts every day.
- Write 10 things you are grateful for every day.
- Practice affirmations daily. Repeating affirmation daily creates an inner strength that can see you through issues. You could try affirmations like: – I am good enough, I am worthwhile, I am strong. I am capable, I can do this, I take baby steps to achieve this, I can do this, I will do this, I am doing this.
Know When to Seek Professional Help
However, it is crucial to recognise that if you don’t feel better after a few months of trying these, you should reach out for professional help. A few CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) sessions will help you immensely.
We can change our life with consistent practice of these tools and techniques. Daily repetition is key. But, it is important to recognise when to reach out for help. Because sometimes we have just gone through too much in life, we need to speak to another person who just doesn’t know us. The work we have done by ourselves will help us a lot in those sessions.
I hope you find these helpful, make a comment below. I am happy to answer any questions you have about applying these.
© 2017 – 2023 http://www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com All rights reserved.
Other Blog posts you might like