Being overwhelmed, scared or fearful at work, makes it hard for us to carry out our duties, and it causes a lot of stress.
Being calm and focused at work is a priority.
If we are worried, it impacts our work and our pay packet. Our thoughts, our way of thinking impact all areas of life.
When we have a goal/aim to focus on in a our professional development it allows us to manage our sense of fear and it calms us down. Here are a few tips and of course you probably have a few more to add.
Managing my Own Performance at Work
Here are a few tips to help you Manage Yourself at work.
- Create a positive outlook on the situation /work even though you feel scared /overwhelmed.
- Change your mind-set from fearful/scared to motivated/determined. I can do this, I will be okay.
- Investigate the work and see if you are capable of it, otherwise work with another in the team to understand the requirement of the work.
- Do the most important piece of work first not the easiest or nicest.
- When the priorities or scope changes handle it with positive /non-reactive way. If you are a facial expression person, then watch your facial expression.
I hope these little tips are useful. Often making a little note card with helpful reminders will assist you at work.
I am not a career councilor. I share from my own life experiences where I have gained a level of success and achievement. Would you like more blog posts that are career related ?
Other posts that you might find useful
Productivity – The ” To Do List”. Last week I shared 3 Easy Productivity Tips – Read here. For me most of the time I can be highly motivated, but […]
3 Easy Productivity Tips We all struggle with achieving small or large tasks or goals, for many reason. The main culprits generally are, we are reluctant to do it, we […]
Today, I thought I would share my journaling story. I am sure everyone journals in some way or form. Anyway, here is my crazy journaling style and of course I […]
Thank you for stopping by. Please, Like, Subscribe, Share or Comment.
Follow me on:
© 2016 – 2020 http://www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com
Images: http://www.freeimages.com, pixabay, pexel, google, instagram, canva, or created by myself.