Being overwhelmed, scared or fearful at work, makes it hard for us to carry out our duties, and it causes a lot of stress.
Being calm and focused at work is a priority.
If we are worried, it impacts our work and our pay packet. Our thoughts, our way of thinking impact all areas of life.
When we have a goal/aim to focus on in a our professional development it allows us to manage our sense of fear and it calms us down. Here are a few tips and of course you probably have a few more to add.
Managing my Own Performance at Work
Here are a few tips to help you Manage Yourself at work.
- Create a positive outlook on the situation /work even though you feel scared /overwhelmed.
- Change your mind-set from fearful/scared to motivated/determined. I can do this, I will be okay.
- Investigate the work and see if you are capable of it, otherwise work with another in the team to understand the requirement of the work.
- Do the most important piece of work first not the easiest or nicest.
- When the priorities or scope changes handle it with positive /non-reactive way. If you are a facial expression person, then watch your facial expression.
I hope these little tips are useful. Often making a little note card with helpful reminders will assist you at work.
I am not a career councilor. I share from my own life experiences where I have gained a level of success and achievement. Would you like more blog posts that are career related ?
Other posts that you might find useful
We all struggle with achieving small or large tasks or goals, for many reason. The main culprits generally are, we are reluctant to do it, we are unmotivated, we are being lazy/procrastinating Or we have too many task/goals to juggle. Whatever the reason (s) are that stop us from being productive, the simple answer is […]
Today, I thought I would share my journaling story. I am sure everyone journals in some way or form. Anyway, here is my crazy journaling style and of course I love it. There is no right or wrong way to journal it is what works for you. Whatever, you do with your journal doesn’t matter. […]
Thank you for stopping by. Please, Like, Subscribe, Share or Comment.
Socialize With Me On:
© 2016 – 2020 http://www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com
I use images from many sources: http://www.freeimages.com, instagram, google, created myself, canva.com, pixel, pixabay