What is the definition of a useful and uplifting thought ?
A thought that makes you feel good.
A thought that increases your feeling of your own value.
A thought that helps you smile and know it is all going to be alright, even when it is dark all around.
A thought that allows you to give good feelings to others, even though you are at the receiving end of their painful words/actions
A thought that says I am good , I am fine, I am well, I am good, I am capable. I am the only version of me and that is the best version of me (today). Tomorrow I will be even better. I am unique and I am good.
A thought that leaves you feeling uplifted, internally strong, peaceful, calm, wise, joyful, for-filled, overflowing with the love of the divine and the power of yourself.
A thought that says you are not alone you have The Divine, you have yourself. You are a powerful kind soul.
A thought that says you are walking the right path, even if you are walking alone, for you are walking on the right side of karma. You might have to learn and change and grow, but you are open to that.
Conclusion: Useful thoughts are those that increase the experience of your own value. Therefore, anything else is a negative, wasteful or unhelpful thought that drains you!
How to be positive?
Well, being positive has to be a daily effort! Because we have the habit of negativity, which really is not our natural state. We need to remind ourselves daily, and even a few times in the day to be positive to have useful thoughts. Therefore, daily meditation, daily affirmations, gratitude, Intentions, Journalling, and Daily routines.
Search for the words Daily, or Meditation, or journal, etc in the search bar of my blog and you will find several old post I have written, which may be helpful.
Also, I share a few of my older post below that might interest you.
“We are the masters of our thoughts and it is our decision and choice to think what we think! Therefore, who’s mind holds the key to happiness?”
This post was inspired by http://www.brahmakumaris.org – it was a thought of the day.
Thanks for stopping by. Please like, comment, share or subscribe to this blog.
Other Blog posts you might like
- Self Mastery – The Art of….#1
- See No, Hear No, Speak No, Think No!
- Meditation – A Daily Practice
- Affirmations & Repetition – The Key to Confidence and Happiness
- End Your Day Positively
- Intention For Today – Keep Your Mind Beautiful
- Overwhelmed, Stressed, Fed Up
- Daily Positive Thoughts
- The Power of Routines
- Mirror – Others are said to be A Mirror for us.
- Life is One Big Habit!
Useful Websites for Meditation
I follow Raja Yoga Meditation taught by the Brahma Kumaris. I also use Just-A-Minute meditation to help me in my day. I have a page dedicated to meditation – so check it out.
You can also find me on
- Instagram : thoughtsnlifeblog (you will find me on here daily)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Thoughtsnlifebl (almost daily)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thoughtsnlifeblog.wordpress.com1/ ( as and when I post a blog )
- Pinterest : thoughtsnlifebl (as and when I post a blog)
- Contact me on : email@example.com
- Google+ : firstname.lastname@example.org (not so active on this )
© Copyright ThoughtsNLifeblog 2016 All right reserved www.thoughtsnlifeblog.com
Image acknowledgement: :http://www.freeimages.com. Instagram, Youtube, Google or my own creations